Table of Contents:
Usually, the boots are made of sheepskin with two sides: the one with fur on the inside, the one in neutral leather on the outside and a synthetic sole. Initially, UGG shoes were worn by surfers to keep them warm after they came out of the cold water, and in the 1970s it reached surfers in America and the United Kingdom. Sheepskin boots became a trend in the United States in the late 1990s, and after 2000 they took over the world. Comfortable and modern, new UGGs 2023 have established themselves in recent years as must-have clothing accessories through their casual-relaxed style and usefulness in areas with cooler climates.
Actually, a mummy discovered in China, dating back to 500 BC, was worn with sheepskin boots, similar to what we now call uggs. For his part, Plato wrote of the ancient Greeks walking with their feet wrapped in felt and sheepskin to warm them during the harsh winters of Potidaea. In the 19th century, William Knight, a traveler to Tibet, said in his diary that local dancers used to wear sheepskin boots, painted in variegated colors. Some historians attribute the discovery of these shoes to the Inuit. According to others, however, the American Indians are the creators of moccasins made of fine leather, flexible and sewn on the outside, adorned with tassels and embroidery, perfectly adapted to walking through a geography composed mainly of stones and cacti. This type of footwear provided the Indians with a perfect grip on the ground and at the same time absorbed the perspiration that arose during the effort to move. From the indigenous peoples of North America the shoes would have passed to traders and explorers, say the same historians, who were in turn impressed by their quality and reliability. For other historians, however, the Russian mujis were no strangers to the benefits of sheepskin boots, greased with fur and lined with fur to withstand the Siberian frost. The British claim that the first sheepskin boots began to be made in 1933 in New South Wales. Apparently the term was due to the wife of an English manufacturer in the 1950s, Frank Mortel, who when he saw the first pair of shoes of this kind said it was made ugly – ugg. These boots, very popular in the youth of the car because they provided protection from wind and cold for drivers forced to drive outdoors, were also used in 1953 by Sir Edmund Hillary on the expedition to conquer Everest. The boots in question were not used for climbing, but for the period when the climbers rested, to warm and protect their limbs. The 1960s also found boots in the feet of Australian surfers, who warmed their feet after local competitions held on the ridge of the cold winter wave. It seems, however, that because of their ugliness, these shoes along with ripped jeans were banned in Australian cinemas, which gave a new impetus to their popularity among young people who immediately adopted them because they saw in them a new way to impress.
Why is it called UGG?
Before reaching the feet of surfers, sheepskin or goatskin boots were part of Australian shepherds’ clothing. With their soft soles and woolen outerwear, they were neither too cold nor too warm. They were perfectly adapted to the temperature. However, their appearance was not appreciated as much as their quality. The footwear was called “ugly boots”, and the word ugly was abbreviated to “uggies”, after which the boots were recognized under the name even shorter, UGG.
Does UGG just mean furry boots?
Not! UGG is currently a brand synonymous with the idea of ultimate comfort, not just comfortable winter footwear. So the UGG brand produces all the items you need for comfort, from soft socks, slippers, sandals, sneakers, to fluffy and warm clothes, hoodies, coats and bags.
How to choose UGG boots
If you are thinking of buying a pair of UGG boots, you are probably wondering how to choose the right model and what features you should pay attention to so as not to be fooled. A pair of quality UGG boots will last you many years, so before you buy you need to consider 5 key points that will help you choose the perfect boots. Over 96% of UGG boots are made in China, so if you need genuine UGG boots made in Australia, you should pay close attention to the labels that indicate the place of production. UGG boots of Australian “origin” are without a doubt the best choice and not only because they were invented in this country. Unlike other UGGs that are mass-produced in overseas factories, each pair of genuine Australian boots is handmade and individually selected by a quality control team. Always check the label on the UGG boots or the information on the product’s online card to see where the boots you forgot were made. If you invest in a pair of UGG boots, it is important to make sure that you get the quality you pay for. Check your shoes, paying special attention to things like gluing on the sole of UGG boots (there should never be visible glue on the sole of the shoe), threads and holes, scratches, marks on the suede. If there are any of these manufacturing defects or deficiencies, UGG boots probably do not have such a high quality and will not have adequate performance characteristics. The original UGG boots are made of sheepskin from the highest quality workshop in Australia, where the working conditions are good and the staff feels excellent. The original factories in China also produce footwear designed by an Australian company. Although its quality is slightly lower than that of handmade boots, it also has the highest performance.
Must have – HOW TO CHOOSE
You can wear UGG boots 2023 in the fall, matching them with plaid shirts or short sweaters and, of course, skinny jeans. If this summer the short tops were worn, now the short sweaters are worn. Whether you choose to wear them over a shirt or alongside skinny jeans with a high waist, the short sweaters are especially chic. Look for a model with oversized collar and you will create an enviable symmetry with UGG BOOTS with fur. As denim fits wonderfully with still UGG BOOTS, you can make up an outfit consisting of skinny jeans, a jeans shirt inserted into your pants or tied over the waist and a jeans jacket, slim in the fall or embellished, with fur attached in winter.
The well-known UGG 2023 are now a must-have for the cold season, but not only because they wear in the summer. In summer there are specially created, sheepskin boots, allowing the feet to breathe and not to be “suffocated” by the heat. It is very good in both casual and sporting outfits, but you only have to choose the right model and the right clothes for it. This fashion has spread rapidly on all continents because of the convenience, warmth and comfort that it offers.
You can also consider whether you’d rather buy men’s shoes (which generally come in different sizes) instead of women’s shoes. This way you won’t end up getting stuck into something only to realise later that it doesn’t fit quite right.
Once you’ve decided on this basic information, we recommend browsing the internet for reviews online before making any purchases. There are plenty of great websites out there that offer honest opinions from real people who own the boots themselves. A lot of times they’ll talk about how comfortable they were, if they liked their style or even give advice on buying some additional accessories such as socks. Other than that, here are our tips on choosing the perfect pair of UGGs for yourself!
Size matters! – When shopping for any type of footwear, especially those made by popular brands, it’s important to know that sizing differs between each brand. Just because you bought something in size 7 ½ Men’s does not mean you should assume that it fits perfectly well onto your foot too. In fact, sometimes the opposite may happen; you could find that the same item comes in Women’s size 5 and Men’s size 9. Another thing worth noting is that Australia tends to run smaller compared to other parts of the world so make sure you don’t get fooled into thinking that just because you got a certain size, it works for everyone else. It might seem easy enough to order from home and return items when necessary however shipping costs can add up pretty fast and lead to unnecessary spending. That being said, UGG offers free returns within 30 days of purchase and refunds if ordered incorrectly for whatever reason. So remember to check carefully before purchasing anything!
Pick something plain – If you plan on wearing the boots outside, then chances are high that they’ll see a bit of action. And since they aren’t exactly known for their durability, picking something flashy would probably destroy them faster than normal use. Consider sticking with simple solids and neutrals when selecting your next pair. They usually work best with outfits, skirts and jeans alike. Plus, they keep things nice and clean without having to worry about distracting attention away from your face. Of course, depending on the occasion, you may want to consider adding another accessory to spice things up. For example, maybe you’re attending a formal event and need to dress up nicely yet still show off your personality with bright colors. Then again, maybe you just love experimenting and feel confident enough to rock neon-colored sneakers underneath your outfit while working in the backyard. The choice is yours!
Choose classic styles – UGG boots are designed to last many years. Therefore, it makes sense to stick with classic designs and colours. When deciding on a design, keep in mind the current trends you see nowadays. Something fresh isn’t necessarily required but it definitely helps to create a cohesive wardrobe. After all, nobody wants to throw together random pieces from various seasons. Although you may not be familiar with designers’ names, this shouldn’t deter you from trying out unique patterns and shapes.
The most versatile, comfortable and stylish footwear of the year is here. Personal comfort is very important, especially on days with very low temperatures, and you feel great in ugg boots.
Classic short booties – This look works well with any outfit no matter if you want to dress up or down. To pull off this look try pairing skinny jeans with a pair of classic white ankle booties from UGG. This will give your legs just enough edge without looking too trendy. If you’d prefer, you can also opt for black ankle booties instead. You could also go for slightly longer versions which hit right at the bottom of your calf but still add height to your ankles. These shorter booties are great for showing off your shoe game since you’ll feel confident strutting your stuff anywhere. For an extra pop of color, team the booties with neutral colored outfits such as grey, tan, khaki or navy blue.
A chic take on the moto jacket – If you’re tired of seeing bikers rocking oversized jackets paired with long pants, you might consider giving the moto jacket a chance. It’s cut slim fit makes it perfect for layering under sweaters or cardigans so you don’t sacrifice comfort. Pairing the jacket with dark wash denim shorts, sneakers, a fitted tee and statement necklace gives you modern urban vibes. Try adding accessories like a scarf, watch or bag to finish off the look.
Wear a sleek jumpsuit – Jumpsuits are making quite the comeback this fall/winter 2017 thanks to Rihanna, Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss. They make us wish summer would never end because there’s nothing better than being able to layer two different looks together seamlessly. What’s more, the trend can easily transition into spring 2018 so you can start mixing and matching pieces ahead of time. In fact, fashion experts agree that jumpsuit styling isn’t going away anytime soon. So next time you get dressed in sweats or yoga gear, throw on a cute printed skirt or bright blouse underneath and accessorize with a colorful backpack. You may find yourself reaching for another piece to complete your outfit.
Go glam in a mini – You know how much I love my leopard print kitten heels? Well, I’m obsessed with the animal prints this winter as well. We see women everywhere sporting patterned dresses and skirts, which is why I decided to show you how easy it is to rock similar patterns on your wardrobe. Whether you choose pastels pink, deep purple or orange, animal prints always work. Plus, it doesn’t hurt to mix things up with bolder colors either.
Layer a leather coat over your sweater – Coats are having a moment once again and this season seems to bring out our inner tomboy. Next time you head outside for brunch, lunch or drinks with friends, put on something comfy but classy. Then, grab your favorite leather bomber jacket and pair it with your favorite chunky knit sweater. With a few subtle adjustments, you can totally change up the vibe. When choosing your sweater, avoid anything boxy and stick to loose fitting tunics. Also, remember to skip high waisted bottoms unless you plan to showcase your waistline.
Oversized scarf and hat – Massive scarves, which you can wear in many styles, are essential pieces for the cold autumn days. You can wear such a scarf as a coat, matched with a pair of UGG boots. And if you add a hat, another major trend of this season, you will get an impeccable outfit!
Rock a maxi dress – Maxi dresses are already a popular choice for many ladies. Nowadays, you can literally find them in almost any size and length. One of the reasons why maxi dresses are considered a must-have accessory this season are the versatility and practicality. They’re extremely functional and easy to move around in. Throw on some ballet flats and a cropped bolero jacket for effortless weekend dressing. Alternatively, pair them with tailored skinny jeans and a sweater for date night.
Ripped Jeans – This year, skinny jeans were a big trend. With the arrival of the cold, everyone expects the trend of skinny jeans to disappear. But if you combine this unique style with a pair of UGG boots, then you can enjoy it until the end of autumn.
Short skirt – You can wear UGG boots and be sexy! If you combine these boots (which have a reputation for not being feminine at all) with a short skirt, a black tights and accessorize with a statement necklace, the result is a sexy outfit that will definitely turn your eyes.
Wear UGG with tights or skinny jeans – The classic UGG boot is as charming as it is great. Wearing wide-legged UGG boots can look more like pajamas than an impactful street style. Wear your boots with a pair of high-quality leggings or skinny jeans, to give your feet a definite look. Be sure to tuck the bottom hem into the UGG boots. It is very comfortable and will highlight your legs.
Wear your UGG boots with casual clothes – Ugg boots are the perfect complement to a casual outfit. Pair them with a comfortable sweater, sweatshirt or denim jacket, slim pants or long skirts and everyday accessories. The short, brown boots are pretty casual with a pair of blue jeans and a knitted sweater. If you prefer longer boots (perfect for the cold winter weather), wear knee-length UGGs with tights or black jeans for a comfortable look.
UGG boots with skirts and dresses – Choose a pair of thick stockings with high density or even tights and wear casual dresses and skirts, made of thick or knitted fabric. Keep them above the knees regardless of whether you choose short or low ugg boots. On top of that you can wear one of the hit pieces of this season: fur, cape, fur coat, leather jacket, etc. You will get an elegant, smart-casual outfit!
Reasons Why You Need a Pair of UGG
Comfort – this is nothing new, everyone knows that UGG is in the top of the most comfortable shoe models through its characteristic design and the material from which it is made. And yes, the material really makes a difference in this case! Not being a rigid material, the boot molds to the foot and covers it in a warm layer, while maintaining its flexibility and elasticity.
UGG boots are known for their comfort due to several key factors in their design and materials:
- Sheepskin and Wool: UGG boots are often made from genuine sheepskin, which is naturally soft and cozy. The interior of the boots is lined with wool, typically shearling, which is incredibly comfortable against the skin and provides excellent insulation and cushioning.
- Natural Insulation: Sheepskin and wool are natural insulators. They help regulate temperature by trapping warm air close to your feet while also allowing moisture to evaporate, keeping your feet dry and comfortable.
- Soft and Flexible Construction: UGG boots are usually constructed with flexible materials, allowing the boots to mold to the shape of your feet over time. This provides a personalized and snug fit, enhancing comfort.
- Cushioning and Support: The soft and plush nature of the sheepskin and wool lining provides a cushioned feeling when you walk. The boots also offer a certain level of support due to the materials’ natural padding.
- No Break-In Period: Many UGG boots require little to no break-in period. They are often comfortable right out of the box, which is not always the case with other types of footwear.
- Versatility: UGG boots come in various styles, from classic to more modern designs. This variety allows you to find a style that suits your preferences and foot shape, enhancing the overall comfort.
- Casual Aesthetic: The casual and relaxed aesthetic of UGG boots aligns with comfort. They are designed for everyday wear, making them a comfortable choice for various activities.
- Easy On and Off: The slip-on style of many UGG boots eliminates the need for laces or buckles, making them easy to put on and take off.
- Quality Craftsmanship: UGG is a brand that has focused on quality craftsmanship and materials, contributing to the overall comfort and durability of their products.
- Brand Reputation: UGG has built a reputation for producing comfortable footwear. This reputation influences consumers’ expectations and perceptions of comfort when purchasing UGG boots.
It’s important to note that individual preferences and comfort levels can vary, so while UGG boots are generally regarded as comfortable by many people, your experience might depend on factors like the specific style you choose and your personal comfort needs.
Diversity – no, a UGG boot does not mean that it is just a boot, contrary to the preconception that there is only one model of UGG boots and only those you can wear. In fact, that model we all know is just the classic / iconic model of the brand, as each brand has an iconic model, but the brand brings so much variety in models that it’s a shame not to explore all the alternatives: with down, pins , laces, bows, glitter, zipper, stones, staples or anything else we can think of (not to mention the colors!). There is a UGG for everyone.
Nudes Trend – in terms of trends, we can say that we are living the most beautiful era, because the trend of earth tones and nude shades are in high season and there is nothing more soothing than a completely nude outfit. Play with the family of shades and add a pair of UGGs at the end. Or can you start with UGGs? However you prefer, the naturalness and purity of the brand are perfectly represented by the predominant color.
Very warmly – another advantage of UGGs in this outfit is that they are extremely warm, becoming the ideal option for frosty winter days.
UGGs are known for their warmth primarily due to the materials they are made from and their construction:
- Sheepskin: UGG boots are often made from genuine sheepskin, which is a natural insulator. Sheepskin has excellent thermal properties, helping to regulate temperature by trapping warm air close to your feet while allowing moisture to evaporate, keeping your feet dry and cozy.
- Wool Lining: The interior of UGG boots is lined with soft and dense wool, usually shearling, which comes from the sheep’s skin. Wool is an excellent natural insulator that helps retain body heat, making it a great choice for keeping your feet warm.
- Air Circulation: Despite the warmth they provide, UGG boots are designed to allow a certain amount of air circulation. This prevents your feet from becoming too sweaty and overheated, further contributing to the overall comfort and warmth.
- Double-Faced Construction: UGG boots are often made with a double-faced construction, meaning both the outer suede and the inner shearling are utilized. This creates a layer of insulation between the two layers, which adds to the warmth.
- Thick Sole and Shaft: The thicker sole and higher shaft of UGG boots help to insulate not only your feet but also your ankles and lower legs, preventing cold air from entering the boots.
It’s important to note that while UGGs are known for their warmth, their effectiveness can also depend on factors such as the temperature and humidity of your environment, how well they fit you, and whether you’re wearing suitable socks.
Various models – There are simple or furry models, and here, depending on your preferences you will choose your favorite pair. When it comes to color, you should consider the color of your hair to create a balance. If you have a light hair color, it would be advisable to choose more natural colors, such as shades of brown. If you are a brunette, you will consider black, gray, or blue UGG gel. If you are reddish, the cream shades will be right for you. After all, UGG boots can be worn as you wish. You don’t have to feel restricted by any criteria.
UGG completes an all black outfit! – with all black it’s hard to go wrong, but did you think it could be boring without a statement song? A pair of UGG boots will completely change his look and make him look not only impeccable, but also complete.
UGG boots, particularly the classic UGG boot style, can complement an all-black outfit in a few ways:
- Texture Contrast: UGG boots typically have a soft and textured exterior, often in suede or leather. When paired with an all-black outfit, the texture contrast between the smooth black fabrics of your clothing and the textured UGG boots can create visual interest and depth in your outfit.
- Casual Comfort: UGG boots have a casual and cozy vibe that can balance out the sleekness of an all-black outfit. They add a touch of comfort and informality, making the outfit more approachable and relaxed.
- Warmth and Practicality: Especially during colder months, UGG boots provide warmth and comfort, making them a functional choice to keep your feet cozy while maintaining a stylish look. This practical aspect can be a nice addition to an all-black ensemble, helping you stay comfortable while looking chic.
- Statement Piece: UGG boots are recognizable and iconic, so incorporating them into an all-black outfit can serve as a statement piece. They draw attention to your footwear and can serve as a conversation starter or a way to express your personal style.
- Balancing Proportions: The slightly bulkier nature of UGG boots can help balance out the proportions of an all-black outfit. This is particularly true if you’re wearing fitted or tailored black clothing items, as the boots can provide a counterpoint to the sleek lines.
- Versatility: Depending on the style of UGG boots you choose, they can be versatile enough to pair with various types of all-black outfits. Classic short UGG boots, for instance, can work with jeans, leggings, skirts, and dresses, offering you options for different looks.
Keep in mind that fashion is subjective, and personal style plays a significant role in how you choose to put together your outfits. While UGG boots might not be considered a traditional “dressy” choice, fashion is all about experimentation and finding ways to express yourself creatively. If you feel confident and comfortable in your outfit, that’s what matters most.