Table of Contents:
When it comes to fashion, this is where we draw our inspiration from! In this article we would like to bring your attention to the denim vest – a piece that goes with any outfit. Whether on a dress, a T-shirt or a shirt, it’s the denim vest that will give you a touch of chic originality. Be a modern woman by wearing a super modern denim vest and let yourself be inspired by our selection of 20 street style looks!
Women’s denim vest – go from a teenage look to a feminine look
When it comes to fashion, it’s the “denim” fabrics that always come to our aid, to give our wardrobe a cool and trendy touch. Designers and bloggers time and time again prove that jeans, in all their forms, are versatile and undoubtedly necessary in any woman’s wardrobe. Therefore, it’s hardly surprising that the denim vest enjoys an excellent reputation for the perfect street style look! In our photo gallery we will offer you 20 super chic ideas that will become a must-have in your wardrobe.
Turning an old denim jacket into a cool cardigan – a quick guide
Be your own clothing designer! Did you know that the old denim jacket can be transformed, in just a few steps, into an excellent waistcoat? Yes it’s possible. You only need to cut the sleeves of the jacket prepared for this purpose. Embellish it with rivets, glitter buttons etc. Do-it-yourself denim vest, embellished with tears, fringes, rivets and buttons. Perhaps, you will find an old denim jacket, well hidden and probably forgotten, in your closet? Transform it into a chic and modern room in a few easy steps. If you don’t have a denim jacket, you could order one from a second-hand clothing store. Also get a pair of scissors, needles, knitting yarn, glue and all kinds of decorative items, such as beads, rivets etc. Cut off the sleeves first. Also cut the collar to your liking. After the edges are fringed, make additional tears.
Depending on your tastes, the denim vest may be discolored. To do this, fill a spray bottle with bleach. Spray the denim fabric until you get the desired result. Be careful with the saturation of the solution. Before you start fading your vest, prepare yourself a few samples.
Jean vests – a bohemian look for summer
The denim vest is particularly suitable for bohemian chic looks in summer. Combine it with a pair of fringed shorts in black. This street style and bohemian look is perfect to wear in spring – all you need is a pair of black tights.
Jean vest in all denim outfits
The fascination that the fashion of the current season feels compared to the ’90s led to the appearance of all denim outfits, in which you will combine the denim vest with jeans, with denim dresses or with shorts made of the same material. The secret to getting a successful all-denim outfit that doesn’t look ridiculous is to not wear the same shade from head to toe. Break the monotony of a unitary look with different denim accents: either a denim vest with a darker tone than the rest of the outfit, or vice versa. If you speak the language of fashion perfectly, you can try on a totally denim outfit. However, it is preferable to keep a balance by introducing a simple T-shirt. White jeans and a blue denim jacket, along with a good-looking T-shirt, are the best way to approach this style. Do you want to tease the rules? Wear a pair of boyfriend jeans, a blue bustier and a denim vest. Complete with a hat and you will get one of the coolest festival looks!
Jeans vest in combination with shorts
It is summer, therefore, shorts come to mind for the first time when we wonder what to wear. In turn, extremely versatile, the shorts go very well with the denim vest. You can also dress some in denim, creating a look like the one described above, or you can use more refined or rebellious variants: silk, lace, chiffon, leather. Comfortable shorts are unbeatable for a hot day in the city, and the denim vest will give originality to an outfit we often use: T-shirt and shorts.
How to wear a blue denim vest
Pair a blue denim sleeveless cardigan with an olive denim mini skirt for a laid-back outfit. Perfect with a pair of beige leather heeled sandals.
Pair a blue denim sleeveless cardigan with a yellow slip dress for a neat, stylish outfit that’s also put together at the weekend. A pair of brown leopard suede pumps is a great option to complete this outfit.
Pair a blue denim vest and a red maxi dress for a laid-back outfit. Complete the look with a pair of white leather heeled sandals.
This combo of a blue denim sleeveless vest and burgundy skinny jeans will keep your style clean and simple outside of office hours. Pair this look with a pair of burgundy suede ankle boots.
A blue denim sleeveless waistcoat and olive camouflage cargo pants are a great combo to add to your casual lineup. A pair of olive cutout satin ankle boots will work seamlessly with a wide variety of outfits.
To create an outfit for lunch with friends at the weekend, pair a blue denim vest and red denim shorts.
Here are some tips on how to wear a blue denim vest:
- Choose the Right Fit: Make sure the denim vest fits you well. It shouldn’t be too tight or too loose. Aim for a comfortable and slightly tailored fit that allows you to move freely.
- Select a Complementary Outfit:
- Casual Look: Pair your denim vest with a plain white or graphic t-shirt for a relaxed and easygoing vibe. You can wear this combination with jeans, chinos, or even shorts.
- Layering: Layer the vest over a flannel shirt or a casual button-down shirt for a stylish layered look. This adds texture and warmth during colder months.
- Dress it Up: To dress up your denim vest a bit, consider wearing it over a well-fitted, solid-colored shirt. Add dark jeans or chinos and complete the look with nice boots or clean sneakers.
- Color Coordination: Pay attention to color coordination. Since the vest is blue denim, it goes well with a variety of colors. Neutral tones like white, black, gray, and earthy colors tend to work best.
- Accessories: Enhance your outfit with accessories like a watch, bracelets, or a hat. These can add a personal touch and complete your look.
- Casual: Sneakers, canvas shoes, or even flip-flops can work well for a laid-back look.
- Slightly Dressy: Opt for desert boots, chukka boots, or leather sneakers.
- Rugged: Combine the vest with work boots for a more rugged appearance.
- Occasion: Consider the occasion when wearing a denim vest. It’s best suited for casual and informal settings. It might not be appropriate for very formal occasions.
- Layering and Season: A denim vest can be a great layering piece for transitional weather. It can be worn over light sweaters in the fall or under heavier coats in winter. In warmer months, you can wear it over short-sleeve shirts.
- Confidence: Whatever style you choose, wear it with confidence. Confidence can elevate any outfit and help you rock the denim vest with your personal flair.
Remember, fashion is all about self-expression, so feel free to experiment with different combinations until you find the look that suits your personality and style preferences.