Table of Contents:
Mini Skirts In Winter – possible?
The mini skirt makes our legs longer and is one of the most attractive pieces of clothing in a woman’s wardrobe. We wear it in any context, casual, elegant or even sports. Even in the cold season we do not separate ourselves from this youth clothing. Even if temperatures drop below zero, this does not mean we should not wear mini skirts. Skirts are a symbol of femininity and, just because winter is a cooler season, that does not mean we can no longer wear them.
Of course, if we want to wear them during this time of year, we need to be very careful about the details. Thus, the components of the outfit we choose must be, first and foremost, warm and, secondly, to match the respective skirt.
How To Wear A Mini Skirt In Winter
One of the most loved and comfortable combinations is the one that contains the association between mini skirt and an oversized sweater. You will not fail with such a combination. A lightweight outfit suitable for outings in the city contains the combination of the classic mini skirt and a sweater in warm colors. Opt for a crocheted sweater with large mesh and a side zipper. As shoes, you can opt for short heels without heels. This combination goes with the ankles or even the knees. You can wear boots with fur in tone with the shade of sweater.
The mini pleated skirt fits with a classic shirt and a pair of ankle boots. This way you get a “serious” outfit, but also light enough to wear when meeting friends.
You can have a mini right skirt with a few buckles and a long jacket. For shoes, opt for Oxford boots, and as accessories you can wear a leather backpack or leather-like material. In the androgynous style, you will see attributes such as elegance and refinement. It combines a mini skirt with a male blazer in gray or even white. To have more color in your outfit, choose a scarf like red or orange.
Creativity With Mini Skirts In Winter
To protect you from cold choose a warm outfit:
– Wear elegant, wool coats in bright colors to keep you warm
– Wear pockets of thick materials and in bright or dark colors, as you prefer, so that you will not be cold in the head.
– Wear thick or thin scarves, long or short, colored or neutral, to keep your neck warm.
How to wear short skirts in winter without being cold:
- The shape of the skirt is as important as its material when it comes to preserving body temperature. For example, a wider skirt is probably not the best idea as it will allow cold air to flow freely around your feet. But if you choose a tight skirt, such as pencil or mini, they will be closer to the body and will protect you better from the cold. If you go for the mini version, you will have to match it with some tights, a tights or knee-high socks for a chic and comfortable look.
- Depending on what skirt you choose to wear, you can easily combine it with a pair of knee-high socks, a thicker tights or even a pair of tights. You don’t have to limit yourself to those with a simple model. You can try a sexy tights with small dots or with different other models. If you choose to wear boots or ankle boots, you will most likely need a thicker tights. On the other hand, if you go for the high boots option, as I showed you above, you can wear a thinner one for extra warmth.
- The material is the most important for winter skirts. If you don’t want to be cold, don’t choose a thin skirt that you can wear in summer. Instead, make sure you have a thick one, specially created for the cold season, to really protect you from the cold. Usually, winter skirts have a simple and elegant pattern, being made of heavy and warm materials, such as denim, wool, velvet, natural or artificial leather or cotton. It is preferable to ignore those made of silk and satin because they are much too thin.