Table of Contents:
Long skirt – summer clothing maneuver
For several years, long skirts have been gaining vast territory in our closets. Their expansion in front of midi and short legs is tenacious and with a strategy hard to pass: they fit all silhouettes, they are comfortable, they hide the less handsome legs.
For a comfortable and cozy outfit, not at all pretentious, you can choose a long skirt to wear in casual, office and elegant outfits. But, be very careful because you need to know some essential rules: how to choose it, how to wear it and how to combine it with your blouse and shoes.
How to choose and wear a long skirt
This season, maxi skirts are worn, in colors such as: blue, green, turquoise, raspberry, red, white and black, with floral prints, striped, animal print, asymmetrical, straight, tight or very wide. With such a diversity of styles, you will definitely find something to your taste.
Tall girls who want to look smaller should wear maxi skirts in two colors separated by a horizontal line. Some shoes without heels, a bolero or a short blazer will help create a suitable look.
Very thin women can wear any model of maxi skirt, even the trendiest, made of harder materials, which give volume to the body.
For women with large busts and wide hips, we recommend trying skirts with deep slits on the leg, to balance the outfit.
Long skirts hide imperfect legs and fit any figure.
Dark maxi skirts, without prints, give you the advantage that you will look much thinner!
She wears a simple long skirt with a chic blouse and a cambered jacket at the waist for a fashionable business outfit.
A long silk skirt with prints, a simple top and a summer jacket will give you a cool holiday look.
For a rock-chic look, combine a long veil or silk skirt with boots or long boots, a leather jacket or one made of artificial fur.
For colder evenings, it is advisable to wear a maxi skirt made of a thicker material, combined with a leather jacket or a cambered cardigan on the body.
The wide skirts, made of veil or silk, in the shape of A, look very good both with molded T-shirts and with wide tops, fastened at the waist.
Printed maxi skirts can only be worn with plain tops, but uni maxi skirts can be worn with both printed and plain tops.
Maxi skirts can look sloppy if paired with long and wide blazers or cardigans. It also depends a lot on the figure.
1. If your abdomen is not really flat and you want to mask it, wear a high-waisted skirt or look for models that fall on the thinnest part of your waist.
2. Do not wear skirts that are too “full” in the waist area. Avoid patterns with embroidery, belts or other accessories if your waist is not really pulled through the ring.
3. To mask the abdomen and waist area, you can wear a not very long blouse that falls over the skirt, covering the waist.
4. The length of the skirt should match your height. Choose a model 3-6 centimeters longer. Careful! You don’t have to step on the skirt or stumble into it! Tall women can opt for a long skirt down to the ground, while if you are short, you should wear a skirt a few inches above the ankle. These models will give you the feeling that you are taller.
5. Choose the skirt according to the shape of your body! If you are tall and thin, any model will benefit you. Opt for pastel, nude, strong colors with floral prints, geometric or abstract shapes. However, short stature women should avoid very long skirts and opt for models below the knees or that do not cover their ankles. You should also avoid wide prints. Remember that your outfit must match your height, body shape and weight.
6. For occasions that require a more elegant outfit, when you go out to a restaurant, have a business meeting or are at work, it is advisable not to wear long skirts, but of medium length, a few centimeters below the knee. These models will give you a more sophisticated look.
7. The color of your skirt should match perfectly with the shade of the blouse you are wearing. In order not to fail, choose a blouse in the same tone as the skirt, a darker or lighter one. Also pay attention to the prints! If the skirt is printed, then the blouse should not have any pattern. And vice versa. Do not combine prints with each other and in no case choose a skirt and a blouse, both with wide prints.
8. A long skirt can be worn in both a day and an evening outfit. For a day outfit, choose a classic blouse in neutral colors. For an evening outfit, choose an elegant, sophisticated blouse and complete the look with glamorous accessories.
How to wear it correctly
A long, steamy skirt is a must in summer. Usually, most of the skirts proposed by designers are very colorful and have ethnic or floral prints. What to wear them with? A black top or one of the shades on the skirt print or a white T-shirt is enough. She doesn’t take them off over her skirt, but passes her belt over her T-shirt. If you choose a short top, then it’s even better.
If it goes well in summer, that doesn’t mean you can’t wear it in the cold season. Obviously, you have to match it properly. He wears a sweater, even an oversized one, but on top he wears a short leather jacket, a little tighter on the body and possibly with a fur collar to give it weight and prestige. With a pair of low-heeled boots you will look sensational.
If you choose the right material, such as a chiffon or a satin, for example, you can wear a long skirt even in the evening, at a restaurant or at a show. Wear it with a molded blouse, possibly with an uneven cut, and necessarily with heeled shoes. Large accessories, such as round earrings or statement necklaces, are absolutely necessary in this.
A playful, feminine look can be easily obtained with the help of a long skirt, just beyond the ankles. The transparent siphon or the veil, which gently leaves the legs visible, is an excellent choice. You can match it with a simple blouse or, when it’s colder, with a cashmere sweater. Structured accessories, such as a very wide bracelet, which you can wear like a cuff, will complete the romantic aspect of the outfit.
But you can also wear a long skirt during the long day, in simple combinations, possibly with a T-shirt with funny inscriptions. A black or even burgundy leather jacket will give you a glam look even when you go to work.