I have said several times that it is very important that you exercise. And diving is a very attractive form of exercise and special. For this specific equipment besides you of course you need a special watch for diving.
Dive watches are made for diving, and although they come with different depth ratings, a serious dive watch must be able to withstand to 10 atm of pressure, which equals 100 meters below the surface. Their are not only for some unexpected rainstorm but for real underwater activities.
The type of dive watch we’re talking about features tourbillons, minute repeaters or both. Check out our roundup of the best dive watches for men.
This is one of best dive watches you will find on the market under 1000 bucks. It is solid and very well built, as with most Seiko dive watches. The case is nicely finished in both brushed and polished stainless steel, with pleasing curves running along the side of the case. It really look very nice and masculine in the same time. The bracelet fits nicely into the case, just below the top of the lugs. Wroth mentioning that the bracelet is very comfortable. Like other Seiko divers, the Seiko Prospex Scuba SBDC003 Sumo is fitted with a slightly domed Hardlex crystal. Hardlex is a specially developed hardened mineral crystal material from Seiko. And though it is less scratch resistant than sapphire, Hardlex has one crucial advantage over sapphire: it cracks and does not shatter upon extreme impact. This makes this watch a more suitable choice since a shattered sapphire crystal during a dive almost definitely means the end of the watch.
Invicta Men’s 9937 is without doubt an excellent choice if you look for an automatic dive watch. Its has high quality movement, materials and appearance at a very good price which makes this watch to be in direct competition with watches from more expensive brands like Rolex or Tag Huer.
Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Professional Diver is used for mixed gas diving with its 6mm non-reflective curved crystal, ratcheted elapsed-time bezel, screw-back case & screw-down crown, and reinforced urethane band and extender, with a carrying case for the wet-suite strap extension. It has absolutely fantastic features:
– a great non-reflective scratch-resistant mineral crystal
– 180-day power reserve that could charges in sunlight or indoors
– reinforced urethane rubber strap with extender strap included for dry suits and thick wet suits
– low charge indicator and time reset advisory (very useful)- water-Resistance WR300 – 999ft (300m)
A really good value for the money dive watch very powerful and versatile, a great option if you are not ready to invest to much for the moment. It has some amazing features:
– high grade, solid 316L stainless steel case
– quartz analog (battery powered, dial and hands)
– heat-tempered Mineral Glass. Very scratch resistant
– 3 year approximate battery life (will vary with temperature)
– Engineered for diving or regular use in or underwater, with special screw-lock crown
– Water-Resistance 200M/660FT
Citizen Men’s BJ2115-07E Eco-Drive Depth Meter Chronograph Imperial Rubber Dive Watch is a great option for a dive watch due to its amazing qualities.
It has great and useful features:
– ISO-certified watch featuring textured bezel, power reserve indicator and guilloche dial with chronograph functions and date window
– Eco Drive technology is fueled by light and it never needs a battery
– 50 mm stainless steel case, mineral dial window, and Japanese quartz movement with analog display
– Rubber band with buckle closure
– Crystal Anti-Reflective Mineral Crystal
– Water resistant to 200 m (660 ft)
This is a beautiful watch. It is durable and easy to read that is for sure. Worth saying that the rubber bracelet is much better than the metal version, in terms of wearing comfort. No doubt that it is a good looking watch as I said before and it has Anti-reflective-sapphire crystal and of course it is water-resistant to 1640 feet (500 M).
It is very important how you care for your dive watch during time. It is very important for the watch and it does not take too much effort from the owner of the watch. Here are a few important action which will help your dive watch to live longer:
– After any dive, rinse the watch with fresh water at home. Chlorine and some bacteria could be on the watch.
– Turn the bezel. You need a unidirectional bezel because water can force debris to the dial of the watch. When you turn the bezel, you’ll clean out the debris.
– Try to stay out of the sauna. Saunas are not the place for a dive watch.
– Avoid the chemicals. Solvents and sprays can damage the plating of a watch and make it less resistant to corrosion.