Table of Contents:
Even in the past seasons, the models of ripped jeans for women attracted the attention of fashionistas, and in fact, they were worn by absolutely all the girls, who combined them with blouses in different styles.
How ripped jeans appeared and why they became so popular
Ripped jeans are still worn and will be worn, but have you ever wondered why they have become so popular and even more expensive than the ones without holes in them? In order to be able to talk about ripped jeans, we must first talk about jeans. Let’s go back to 1850, when a German Jewish merchant named Loeb Strauss sold blue denim pants to miners and ranchers looking for a cheap, hard, comfortable, and durable material. In those days, denim pants (material that appeared in the Middle Ages in the French city of Nîmes – hence its name -> de Nîmes) were very cheap, so they soon became popular among immigrants arriving in America. Let’s stop at the term blue jeans and see where it got its name from. Well, during the Renaissance, denim was made in Italy and sold in Genoa, because sailors needed very durable pants. Blue jeans comes from the French expression “bleu de Genes”, translated as “blue of Genoa”. Before 1970, ripped jeans were associated with less fortunate people, more precisely, with the poor. The lower class of workers could not afford denim, so they could not take new pants, but wore the ones they had until they broke. The truth is simple – long before people wore ripped clothes as fashion items, they wore them as a simple necessity. The reality was reversed, and in the late 1980s, during the rock / heavy metal and punk era, ripped jeans became extremely popular and were worn as a sign of rebellion. Basically, ripped jeans returned to the fashion of the ’80s, including high-waisted overalls or pants. Nowadays, you can find them everywhere, and the reason why consumers buy them and don’t make them at home alone, is because denim has become much stronger and harder to break (so that they look good). Everyone chooses their favorite models, but experts say that ripped jeans should not reveal much of the leather (as Kim Kardashian does, say. In the end, it’s about aesthetics, style, hype, the extent to which you can generate trends and not necessarily imitate existing ones.
Selection of ripped jeans:
Why wear ripped jeans?
Ripped jeans are back in fashion. I think you noticed that too. But have you ever wondered why wearing ripped jeans? I found only 6 serious reasons and not very… Let’s see them together. But let me start today’s article with two funny ideas that crossed my mind when I saw the latest fashion trend on store shelves. So let’s smile a little at the thought of ripped jeans.
1. In terms of jeans, fashion has always changed. In addition to the classic jeans, which have always been worn and are still worn, being very practical, durable and beautiful pants, there have been other models such as: low-waisted pants (and not only jeans); pre-washed jeans (which were treated in such a way as to obtain a softer fabric); jeans with “designs” (shadows, effects obtained with dyes); elastic jeans, the fabric of which also includes elastic fibers, which make them mold to the body; embroidered jeans; torn jeans. So a first reason to wear ripped jeans is that you want to be fashionable too. There is no logic in this fashion, it simply appeared and maybe it will disappear.
2. You can wear ripped jeans to stand out. Or maybe you won’t stand out at all, because everyone wears them. Or maybe the “breaking” pattern is so original that you’re sure to stand out. Just don’t stand out in a shocking or negative way, because I don’t think ripped jeans on hairy legs would be too appropriate. There is of course the alternative to shave…
3. Pants like this fit everyone, even the fullest people, being beautiful and fashionable.
4. Ripped jeans can be especially cool on hot summer days, providing extra comfort from this point of view. For this purpose, their ruptures must also be chosen carefully, ie they must be positioned correctly.
5. If you have a pair of ripped jeans and there is an incident where they break, it is absolutely no problem. If you have suit pants that cling and tear, what do you do? With ripped jeans, however, you are saved from the start…
6. You can wear ripped jeans for a very long time, as long as they are “new”, but especially after they are ripped again… This will save you a lot of money, even if their initial price is higher.