Summer dresses are pieces of clothing that can always be part of a casual outfit for women. Depending on how we choose them, they can be versatile and can be combined in such a way that they fit any body shape and highlight the strengths and femininity of those who wear them.
What qualities must a dress have to be empowered? There are certain things I look for when buying a dress. From my point of view, these 3 elements separate a perfect summer dress from an ordinary dress:
- Easy to wash (if the label reads “Dry Clean ONLY” – only chemical cleaning is disqualified from the start). There is a difference between “Dry Clean” and “Dry Clean Only”. The clothes that have the label “Dry Clean” only can be washed and not only at the laundry. Not only does this save your budget, it can save your dress in the long run. Chemicals used for dry cleaning have harmful effects on textiles, especially if used excessively.
- Let your skin breathe (a plus if it’s 100% cotton, but there are still exceptions with 10% Lycra)
- Easy to pack (ideal for spontaneous mountain or sea getaways). Comfortable and vaporous (if you like to feel the breeze “all over your body” the comfort part is an essential element)
Tips on how to dress in the summer:
- Dress in thin layers
- For a casual, street style, go confident with linen or cotton clothing
- For hot office days, choose office suits made of natural silk or veil, both elegant and cool at the same time.
- Don’t stay away from silk. After cotton and linen, it is the best summer material!
- Choose a thin cardigan for the days when you give air conditioning everywhere you go.
- Invest in a few key dresses for your summer wardrobe: a maxi dress, a white linen dress, an oversized straight-cut dress, and a steamy midi are must haves!
- Wear oversized clothes, such as a tunic or a steamy blouse to keep you cool
- Choose bags that do not stick to the body. An oversized crossbody bag or handbag, which you don’t have to keep underlined is ideal.